Remember way back when we used to think aliens were all friendly like ET or Starman? Those days are dead and gone, and once again, Los Angeles feels the brunt of Hollywood’s ire when the city becomes a battle ground and aliens invade. Maybe New York was busy.
Directed by Jonathan Liebesman (The Killing Room, The Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning), Battle: Los Angeles stars Aaron Eckhart (The Dark Knight, Thank You for Smoking) as a Marine Staff Sergeant and Bridget Moynahan (Blue Bloods, I, Robot) as a veterinarian who are both at ground zero when aliens decide to kick Earth in the shins and invade.
The battle ranges around the world, but the film focuses on the survival and counterattack of soldiers and civilians in Los Angeles. Now, LA is a lovely town, but it is hard not to conjure a few jokes here. Some of our favorites include: Why would the aliens bother? The movie ends when the aliens are poisoned by the normal LA atmosphere. The invasion reaches a quagmire when the invading forces get stuck in traffic.
And so on, and so on. Please feel free to sound of below with why LA is awesome in the comments below.
Battle: Los Angeles hits theaters on March 11. No word on 3D. Yet.
- SpaceX is planning to build its new ‘BFR’ space vehicles in Los Angeles
- Blizzcon coming to Los Angeles area in November — and you can get tickets soon
- The biggest carmakers are sitting out the 2019 Detroit Auto Show
- ‘Star Wars: Jedi Challenges’ review
- Here’s everything we know about ‘The Predator’ movie