Embedded above, the spot is more than twice as long as the two teasers we’ve seen so far, and it uses that time to set up a slow-simmering conflict between a seemingly happy couple. Beautifying death, destruction, chaos, and betrayal as only Hollywood can, it features some truly stunning shots. At 0:57 seconds, Cotillard gives birth in a hospital as it’s being reduced to rubble; at 1:05, Pitt stares up in wonder at an aerial battle; and at 2:07, a flaming plane careens toward some poor soul’s bedroom window.
The spot also sets up an intriguing story, in which an intelligence officer (Brad Pitt) falls in love with a French Resistance fighter (Marion Cotillard) as the two collaborate on dangerous missions behind enemy lines. Of course, there are a couple of twists in store, and it seems that neither is being honest about their true identity.
For those looking to check this one out on the big screen, you won’t have to wait long. Allied is due out in theaters November 23. The film is helmed by Robert Zemeckis (Cast Away) and it also stars Jared Harris (Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows), Daniel Betts (Fury), and Simon McBurney (The Theory of Everything).
- The best Blu-ray movies to show off your home theater
- 13 great sci-fi books to read before they become TV shows
- Buying on a budget? Here’s all the best tech you can snag for $25 or less
- Today’s best Amazon Cyber Week Deals: Roombas, 4K TVs, and more
- Amazon slashes prices on the Fire TV Cube, Fire TV Stick, and more for Black Friday