With characters strutting around the corridors, it’s almost like they’re in the creepiest runway show ever. They’re dressed for it, too — even the children. For the finale, Lady Gaga makes her appearance, wearing an elaborate white dress.
There are plenty of reminders that this isn’t a normal hotel. Throughout the trailer, there are bizarre shots woven in, like a blender full of what appears to be blood, a body sewn into a mattress (badly, at that), and a group of creepy blonde children being towed around on a bellhop cart. Characters who make appearances among the madness include Chloë Sevigny, Matt Bomer, Kathy Bates, Angela Bassett, and more.
That fashion plays a noticeable role in the trailer is fitting, considering how it will play into storylines this season. Supermodel Naomi Campbell is scheduled for a recurring role, and she’ll play a fashion editor who ends up on the bad side of The Countess (played by Lady Gaga). Meanwhile, Cheyenne Jackson will play a struggling fashion icon, and Finn Wittrock will play Tristan, a model who is one of The Countess’ love interests.
The season will include multiple love triangles, creators previously revealed. It sounds like some of the characters involved will overlap, so perhaps lovers scorned will stir up some of the trouble that we know is headed to the hotel.
American Horror Story: Hotel premieres on Oct. 7 at 10/9 c on FX.
- Children of the Corn trailer is a reimagining of the Stephen King horror story
- Weird Al Yankovic biopic’s first trailer is pretty wizard
- American Horror Story’s season 10 cast is here, and it includes Macaulay Culkin
- Let’s do the time warp: ‘American Horror Story’ heads to the future for season 8
- Netflix’s ‘American Vandal’ trailer explores a truly ridiculous (and phallic) crime