Back in June 2014, it was rumored that Marvel’s high-tech hero Ant-Man would square off against a similarly geared-up villain in the upcoming Ant-Man movie. The latter character’s presence (and costume) has now been confirmed, thanks to a promotional banner for an upcoming line of licensed Ant-Man products.
The banner was revealed by licensor Aykroyd & Sons (and discovered by ComicBookMovie.com), and features illustrated depictions of both Ant-Man and his nemesis — believed to be called “Yellowjacket” — suited up for their upcoming big-screen adventure. As the reports from earlier this year suggested, Yellowjacket’s suit features some insect-inspired extra appendages and a yellow-and-black color scheme.
The banner depicts Ant-Man’s suit in much the same design as we’ve seen in earlier images, official and otherwise.
Directed by Peyton Reed, Ant-Man stars Paul Rudd, Evangeline Lilly, Corey Stoll, and Michael Douglas. The film will introduce the popular size-changing hero, Scott Lang (Rudd), to Marvel’s cinematic universe in an adventure that has him teaming up with scientist Hank Pym (Douglas) to pull off a heist to save the world.
Ant-Man hits theaters July 17, 2015, and serves as the final chapter in “Phase Two” of Marvel’s cinematic timeline.
- Here’s everything we know about ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: Everything we know so far
- Everything we know about Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ movie so far
- From ‘Annihilation’ to ‘Super Troopers 2’: The most anticipated movies of 2018
- Here’s the first look at Brie Larson as Marvel Studios’ Captain Marvel