We got our first good look at the robotic villain of Avengers: Age Of Ultron back in July, but the team’s android ally The Vision has remained a bit of a mystery so far. Some new promotional art making the rounds online, however, may shed some light on how actor Paul Bettany will look as the character.
The image originally appeared on Instagram and was subsequently deleted, but not before various sites picked it up. The photo features an unidentified person standing in front of an Age Of Ultron banner with Vision prominently displayed facing the camera. (There’s also an enlarged version of the image focusing on Vision over at Ain’t It Cool News.)
A few months ago, Bettany offered some hints about his character’s origin, indicating that it’s not a coincidence that he plays both the voice of Tony Stark’s computerized assistant J.A.R.V.I.S. and The Vision. From the promo image that appeared online, it seems as if much of the character’s signature look has made the transition from page to screen, with only a few small elements (most notably, the high collar on his comics counterpart’s cape) being dropped for the film version of Vision.
Avengers: Age Of Ultron is directed by Joss Whedon and hits theaters May 1, 2015.
- ‘Avengers: Endgame’: Everything we know about the ‘Infinity War’ sequel
- Avengers 4: Everything we know about the ‘Infinity War’ sequel
- ‘Captain Marvel’: Everything we know about the movie so far
- ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’: Everything we know about the ‘Homecoming’ sequel
- The best new movie trailers: ‘Avengers: Endgame,’ ‘Bumblebee,’ ‘Alita,’ and more