Titled “Night Terrors,” the new episode looks to be yet another scary one, with creepy dolls and weird eyeballs popping up here and there in the preview. The episode was written by Mark Gatiss, who previously penned last season’s “Victory of the Daleks,” as well as the creepy Tenth Doctor episode “The Idiot’s Lantern” and the Ninth Doctor episode “The Unquiet Dead.”
Given all of that background, it’s pretty safe to assume “Night Terrors” will live up to its name.
Of the two new teasers released by BBC, the first is a straight-up preview of the episode, while the second is a portion of the behind-the-scenes Doctor Who Confidential segments that reveal some of what went into making the episode. In this particular segment, Doctor Who star Matt Smith ponders some of the frightening elements of “Night Terrors” and where it fits in the current season.
- Steppin’ into The Twilight Zone: CBS starts production on reboot of classic series
- Comic-Con 2018 highlights: From Star Trek spinoffs to a Star Wars revival
- Fall 2018 TV: Here’s when your favorite shows are returning
- ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 is coming! Here’s everything we know so far
- ‘Daredevil’ season 3: What we learned from the first six episodes