Deciding how much you want to commit to a movie will invariably affect what you actually decide to put on. Challenging foreign or indie movies can be immensely rewarding, but they often require your full attention. The same is true of some larger movies that are incredibly complex — like basically any movie Christopher Nolan has ever made.
Sometimes, though, you know you’re looking for a movie that you can put on while you do some work, scroll through your phone, or play some video games. In those cases, you’re more likely to gravitate toward something that feels familiar, even if it might be new to you. These are the ideal movies for that kind of experience, whether you’re looking for something thrilling or funny to pass the time.
- 7 obscure sci-fi movies from the 1980s you need to watch
- 5 upcoming sci-fi movies you have to see in 2023
- The 5 best movie trilogies ever
- The best horror movies and TV shows to stream on Paramount+ for Halloween
- Robocop at 35: why the satirical action movie still holds up today