Like the other two, this latest spot features reporter Christine Everhart (Leslie Bibb) in the anchor role and The Daily Show’s Al Madrigal serves as a (serious) political correspondent named Will Adams. As reported by ComingSoon, the promo also features references to Ant-Man, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., and other Marvel Cinematic Universe properties.
According to this segment, all the butt-kicking and name-taking being done by the Avengers comes with a price … a hefty price. The cost of the cleanup has sparked a debate about how much collateral damage superheroes should be allowed to incur while saving the universe, with Madrigal’s character pointing out that the alternative — the destruction of life as we know it — is not so attractive either.
Clearly, Marvel’s marketing team has taken great pains to make these reports as authentic as possible, and the addition of the news and stock tickers at the bottom are a very nice touch.
If you’re wondering where you’ve seen Everhart’s character before, the reporter had a dalliance with Tony Stark in Iron Man and also appeared briefly in Iron Man 2. There’s continuity in the White House, too, as President Ellis (William Sadler) is mentioned in the report, and also occupies the Oval Office in both Iron Man 3 and Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
You can check out the entire three-minute promo above, and we wouldn’t be surprised to see more “breaking news” from WHIH before Captain America: Civil War hits theaters on May 6.
- NBC’s Peacock streaming service launches in July with free, $5, and $10 tiers
- Why Marvel’s Kevin Feige is the perfect steward for Star Wars’ future
- Avengers: Endgame breaks opening night record set by Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- Watch the Captain Marvel, other MCU post-credits scenes before Avengers: Endgame
- Disney confirms it will take a break from Star Wars movies after Episode IX