Guillermo del Toro may have vacated the director’s chair of The Hobbit, but the director and producer is anything but bored. Next up for del Toro is the release of the horror film Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark, of which he is producing and co-writing.
Based on an ABC made-for-television movie from 1973, Guy Pearce (Momento, LA Confidential) stars as the father, and Katie Holmes (Batman Begins, Tom Cruise’s wife) is his girlfriend. Pearce’s daughter (played by Letter’s to God’s Bailee Madison) comes to stay with the couple after they inherit and old mansion, and she soon discovers creatures living in the house. At first she thinks they are friendly, but she soon realizes how wrong she is.
The movie is directed by del Tor’s protégé, Troy Nixey, and will hit theaters January 21, 2011.
Warning: This trailer may not be suitable for all ages.
- The 2018 Oscars: Winners and highlights from the 90th Academy Awards
- Jaegers, assemble! Here’s everything we know about ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’
- ‘Sicario 2’ director reportedly close to signing on for Call of Duty movie
- Here’s everything we know about ‘The Predator’ movie
- 2018 Oscar predictions: Who’s going to win, who should win, and who got snubbed