The 2016 Emmy Awards aired last night, and host Jimmy Kimmel was a breath of fresh air, delivering some great laughs and setting the tone for the evening. And while the awards offered its share of “more of the same” in many categories, there were also some real breakthroughs and some pleasant surprises
Which nominees came out on top? HBO’s Veep and Game of Thrones killed it, as did FX’s The People vs. O.J. Simpson. On the streaming side, Netflix surprisingly struck out in many of its nominated categories.
Here’s the lowdown on winners for the biggest categories of the night, including leading and supporting acting, and outstanding drama and comedy series.
See a full list of winners at Emmys.com.
- If social media controlled the Oscars, this is who would win
- Here are the best video doorbells to help you know who’s at the door
- Best mobile plans and cell phones for seniors who just want to stay in touch
- Jason Momoa’s ‘The Crow’ remake now has a release date
- 4 cameras and a mirror-like finish make the midrange Honor 9 Lite stand out