“Do yourself a favor. Lock the door,” is a major takeaway from the trailer (as well as the video’s description on FX Network’s YouTube channel), because it’s clear that things are going to get dicey. Now set in 1979 and focusing on Sioux Falls, South Dakota, and Luverne, Minnesota, in addition to Fargo, the plot lines will remain connected to the larger Fargo universe. Patrick Wilson will play a younger version of police officer Lou Solverson, who was played by Keith Carradine in the first season, while Kirsten Dunst and Jesse Plemons star as Peggy and Ed Blomquist.
With a mob boss (Adam Arkin) in town, Fargo season 2 will have plenty of crimes to explore over the course of its 10 episodes. The video teases it with gunshots, fights, and unexplained blood as its new stars. Ted Danson and Jean Smart also hold lead roles, while Jeffrey Donovan, Bruce Campbell, Nick Offerman, Brad Garrett, Keir O’Donnell, Kieran Culkin, Bokeem Woodbine, Michael Hogan, Cristin Milioti, and Adam Arkin have recurring parts.
After sharing the new teaser, FX further hyped the second season by tweeting out a sneak peek, showing Wilson as young Lou Solverson and Danson as his colleague.
— Fargo (@FargoFX) July 14, 2015
Fargo season 2 comes to FX in October.
- ‘The Orville’ season 2 gets a new, drama-heavy teaser trailer
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ season 2 gets a new, Spock-heavy trailer
- What’s new on HBO and what’s leaving in January 2019
- ‘Metro: Exodus’: News, rumors, and everything we know
- Save $900 on the ThinkPad X1 Carbon and more with Lenovo’s Cyber Monday sales