The Fast and Furious franchise may be hotter than ever, but parts of the Fast 8 set have literally been cold as ice lately. Low temperatures don’t seem to be slowing Dwayne Johnson down, though. The actor recently showed off two new photos from the set and referred to himself as “The Iceman.”
The most recent photo, posted on social media Tuesday, shows Johnson as his Fast 8 character, Luke Hobbs. In the image, he is standing outside a building with a massive gun. There is snow on the ground, but he doesn’t even seem to notice it, even though he’s wearing just a T-shirt, pants, and fingerless gloves, in spite of the chill.
In Johnson’s words accompanying the post, “The Iceman cometh.” And in case you didn’t pick up on his character’s general badassness, he added, “And I don’t fucketh around.”
Johnson’s other “Iceman” photo was posted on Friday, June 24. “When its [sic] time to save the world in the snow, Hobbs becomes the Abominable Iceman in his ICE RAM,” he wrote.
We didn’t get to see Johnson at the wheel of the ice ram, but it will slikely make for an exciting scene (or scenes). The snowy conditions will add a new element of danger to the roads, especially for a crew that is used to warmer areas. Filming for Fast 8, however, brought the cast — which includes Vin Diesel, Charlize Theron, Tyrese Gibson, Michelle Rodriguez, and more — to Iceland.
Fast 8 hits theaters on April 14, 2017
- 8-Bit Christmas review: You don’t need to be an ’80s kid to love it, but it helps
- The cast of 8-Bit Christmas on holidays, Nintendo, and oddities of the ’80s
- Black Adam opening scene introduced by Dwayne Johnson: I was ‘born to play’ him
- How to watch the Fast and Furious movies in order
- Resident Evil 8 rumored to be darkest and grisliest yet in series