And behold: Captain America! Sure, we have already seen images of the costume, and sure, we have seen the costume in action thanks to a stunt double, but if the man in the suit can’t pull it off then none of that matters. Judging by the upcoming cover of EW, so far so good.
The Entertainment Weekly has published the first pictures of Chris Evans as Captain America. In the image you can see the WWII influenced design and the boss shield that Cap will use to pummel some Ratzi scum, plus you can check out Evans as a blonde if that’s your thing.
Captain America: The First Avenger stars Chris Evans as Steve Rogers, a runt of a man that volunteers for a program to make him into a super soldier– it works, obviously, or there wouldn’t be much of a movie. The film takes place during WWII, and will serve as the origin story for Cap who will next be seen in The Avengers. You can also expect Evans to pop up all over the place as Cap, as he signed a six picture deal with Marvel.
Directed by Joe Johnston (Wolfman, Jurassic Park III), the movie hits theaters on July 22, 2011.
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: Everything we know so far
- Here’s everything we know about ‘Ant-Man and the Wasp’
- Everything we know about Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ movie so far
- From ‘Annihilation’ to ‘Super Troopers 2’: The most anticipated movies of 2018
- Asgardians in suits? Chris Hemsworth eyes lead role in ‘Men in Black’ reboot