The comedy centers on a couple expecting their second child and hoping to sell their house and move to the suburbs. Unfortunately, their plans are complicated when a group of girls, rebelling against inequalities in their school’s Greek system, move in next door to start a new kind of sorority — one that violates school rules to throw massive parties. Worried about how this will affect the sale of their home, Mac and Kelly hatch a plan to force their unruly neighbors out.
Based on the trailer, the Kappa Nu sisters, led by Shelby (Chloe Grace Moretz), are just as bad — if not worse — than their predecessors. The preview shows how Mac’s hopes that the girls will be quieter and less drug-addled than boys prove to be incorrect. He and his wife find that worked against the guys isn’t effective this time around, so they call in “somebody who can relate to stupid young people”: Teddy.
In addition to Rogen, Byrne, Efron, and Franco, Neighbors 2 brings back Ike Barinholtz and Carla Gallo. Meanwhile, Selena Gomez and Lisa Kudrow join Moretz as newcomers. The flick is directed by Nicholas Stoller, who teamed up with Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Andrew Jay Cohen, and Brendan O’Brien to write the script. O’Brien, Cohen, Nathan Kahane, and Joe Drake served as executive producers, with Rogen, Goldberg, and James Weaver producing.
Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising will hit theaters on May 20.
- The 87 best movies on HBO Max right now
- Joining the circus: Hugh Jackman’s musical P.T. Barnum biopic adds Zac Efron
- Seth Rogen and Zac Efron take on a wild sorority in new Neighbors 2 redband trailer
- It's girls gone wild in the new trailer for Mike and Dave Need Wedding Dates
- Universal Pictures' The Something will star Seth Rogen, Zach Galifianakis, and Bill Hader