Director Guy Ritchie’s upcoming movie The Man From UNCLE has a new trailer, and the first footage from the big-screen adaptation of the popular ’60s television series features a nice blend of old-school spy drama and modern action sequences.
The film casts Man of Steel star Henry Cavill as elite CIA agent Napoleon Solo, who must team up with his counterpart in the KGB (played by The Lone Ranger star Armie Hammer) during the height of the Cold War in order to stop a criminal organization bent on destabilizing the world. In order to prevent dangerous nuclear weapons and technology from getting into the wrong hands, the pair must overcome their differences and locate the daughter of a German scientist who could hold the key to preventing a global disaster.
The original The Man From UNCLE TV series ran for four seasons between 1964 and 1968, and starred Robert Vaughn and David McCallum as the odd-couple spies tasked with saving the world on a regular basis.
Along with Cavill and Hammer, the upcoming film also stars Alicia Vikander, Jared Harris, Elizabeth Debicki, Luca Calvani, and Hugh Grant.
The Man From UNCLE hits theaters on August 14, 2015.
- Everything we know about Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’ movie
- Watch all the Super Bowl movie trailers from this year’s game
- From ‘Annihilation’ to ‘Super Troopers 2’: The most anticipated movies of 2018
- Everything we know about ‘Deadpool 2’
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators will build new worlds in Disney’s Star Wars galaxy