Flynn lives! Or at least he will if Disney has anything to say about it. Tron: Legacy may be quickly fading into memory, but the series is alive and well, and the franchise is just about to hit its stride. A new animated series, Tron: Uprising is due next year, Tron 3 is all but confirmed and the upcoming DVD/blu-ray release is eagerly awaited.
Along with the movie, of course, the new Tron: Legacy home edition will include three scenes filmed just before the movie was released, which act as a teaser to a third Tron film. The first, features a history of the “Flynn Lives” movement, which was a guerilla campaign against Encom, led by a hacker that believed in Kevin Flynn’s vision. The clip reunites the human versions of Tron (Bruce Boxleitner) and RAM (Dan Shor), and gives a history of Encom post-Flynn. The clip was snagged by traileraddict.com, and can be seen in its entirety below.
The second clip features Quorra (Olivia Wilde) as she is entering the Encom offices, and grabs the attention of journalists by saying that she just spoke with Kevin Flynn the other day. The third and shortest, but perhaps the most important for a future movie(s) is a text message conversation between the Dillingers (David Warner and Cillian Murphy), as they say that “everything is going according to plan”.
Tron: Legacy will be available on DVD and blu-ray on April, 5, and in the meantime, check out out our rundown of Tron 3 rumors.
- Everything we know about ‘John Wick: Chapter 3’
- ‘The Last Jedi’ is Disney’s first 4K UHD Blu-ray with Dolby Vision and Atmos
- It’s not just for gaming: How to watch Blu-rays on the Xbox One S and Xbox One X
- Future reflections: Here’s everything we know about ‘Black Mirror’ season 4
- Jaegers, assemble! Here’s everything we know about ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’