In the new, 30-second preview for Season Three of the series, newly sworn-in U.S. President Francis Underwood (Kevin Spacey) is seen posing for a White House portrait with his wife, Claire (Robin Wright). When he puts his hand on her shoulder, she flinches, though both of them immediately regain composure for the photo. The momentary recoil, however, is likely a sign of things to come for the ruthless, power-hungry political duo.
The hit series has already earned a long list of Primetime Emmy and Golden Globe nominations and awards for its creative team, stars, and cast, and the next season looks to continue that trend with several new, recurring characters. Gone Girl and The Blind Side actress Kim Dickens will join the cast in an unidentified role, along with Jenna Stern from 16 Blocks as a United Nations ambassador. Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina of the band Pussy Riot are also confirmed for roles in the third season.
The third season of House of Cards is scheduled to debut on Netflix February 27.
- House of Marley takes analog audio wireless with Bluetooth-enabled turntable
- House of Marley showcases sustainable true wireless earbuds and more at CES 2019
- These activists are hacking housing problems in NYC using apps and data
- The best Netflix Original series
- The best Amazon Original series (February 2019)