The hit Netflix series House of Cards kicks off its third season in just over a week, and the Emmy-nominated political drama is clearly ratcheting up the tension when it returns — especially between series leads Frank and Claire Underwood — if the latest teaser is any indication.
In the new, 30-second preview for Season Three of the series, newly sworn-in U.S. President Francis Underwood (Kevin Spacey) is seen posing for a White House portrait with his wife, Claire (Robin Wright). When he puts his hand on her shoulder, she flinches, though both of them immediately regain composure for the photo. The momentary recoil, however, is likely a sign of things to come for the ruthless, power-hungry political duo.
The hit series has already earned a long list of Primetime Emmy and Golden Globe nominations and awards for its creative team, stars, and cast, and the next season looks to continue that trend with several new, recurring characters. Gone Girl and The Blind Side actress Kim Dickens will join the cast in an unidentified role, along with Jenna Stern from 16 Blocks as a United Nations ambassador. Nadezhda Tolokonnikova and Maria Alyokhina of the band Pussy Riot are also confirmed for roles in the third season.
The third season of House of Cards is scheduled to debut on Netflix February 27.
- Spacey is out, Kinnear and Lane are in: ‘House of Cards’ season 6 takes shape
- Craigslist competitor Letgo adds housing listings for renters and buyers
- Go green, save green: Affordable House of Marley Bluetooth speaker made from hemp
- White House reportedly seeks tariffs of $60 billion on Chinese technology goods
- Everything But The House estate sales are now taking bids on Apple TV