Well, there you have it: George Lucas may be the only person with an Internet connection who hasn’t seen the teaser for Star Wars: The Force Awakens yet.
Yes, the creator of Star Wars has managed to miss the recently released preview of the highly anticipated sequel, according to Page Six. And even worse, the decision to avoid it was intentional.
Still, Lucas’ decision to refrain from watching the teaser isn’t actually as bad as it seems.
“I haven’t seen it yet,” said Lucas, adding that he’s avoided it “because it’s not in the movie theater.”
“I like going to the movies and watching the whole thing there,” he explained. “I plan to see it when it’s released.”
A little less positive, was Lucas’ response when asked if he’s looking forward to seeing what director JJ Abrams has planned for The Force Awakens.
“Not really,” he said.
Basically, Lucas appears to be the only person with an awareness of Star Wars to not be at least a little interested in Abrams’ take on the famous sci-fi saga. And though it’s a little strange (and kind of heart-breaking) to see Lucas distance himself from the franchise he originated, it’s interesting to see the filmmaker step outside his own, world-famous creation.
Star Wars: The Force Awakens is scheduled to hit theaters December 18, 2015. Directed by Abrams, the film stars returning cast members Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, and Kenny Baker, as well as John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Max von Sydow, Lupita Nyong’o, Gwendoline Christie, Crystal Clarke, Pip Anderson, Christina Chong, and Miltos Yerolemou.
- The 95 best movies on HBO Max right now
- The 21 best horror shows to stream for Halloween
- The 56 best movies on HBO right now
- Indiana Jones 5: Everything we know about the movie so far
- Andor: What we know about Star Wars’ Rogue One prequel series