Billed as A Year in the Life, the four parts will focus on each of the four seasons, starting with winter. The revival will pick back up with the series’ central mother-daughter duo, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and Rory (Alexis Bledel) years after we last saw them in 2007’s season 7 finale. A lot will have happened since then, but based on the latest trailer, some things will never change.
The teaser includes familiar Stars Hollow scenes and sounds, but what will really kick your nostalgia into high gear is the interaction between Lorelai and Rory. They’re shown enjoying a cup of coffee at their kitchen table, pondering important life issues, like whether or not Amy Schumer would like Lorelai and if John Oliver would think she was hot. Their rapid-fire banter is as hilarious as ever, and it looks like they’ve smoothly transitioned into 2016.
Love for the show is clearly still there. Schumer herself tweeted about the teaser, responding to Rory’s comment that she is always pictured doing water sports.
I’ve only done 2 water sports and they took pictures of it both times. I promise I usually just lay there (sex too) https://t.co/yTQRvIBgqm
— Amy Schumer (@amyschumer) July 27, 2016
The excitement is understandable. The hit series will bring back its beloved characters after a long absence, and creator Amy Sherman-Palladino has returned after being replaced for season 7. You can bet Gilmore Girls fans will be thankful when the revival premieres on Netflix on November 25.
- Netflix reveals ‘GLOW’ premiere date with a glorious homage to the ’80s
- New trailer reveals release date of 'South Park: The Fractured But Whole'
- New ‘Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt’ trailer reveals release date, Beyoncé parody
- Five shows to stream this week: The Gilmore girls and ‘Top Gear’ boys are back in town
- Neil Patrick Harris is ‘awful’ in Netflix’s new ‘A Series of Unfortunate Events’ teaser