When you think of action figures, you might think of kid-friendly media franchises like Spider-Man, Ninja Turtles, or even Star Wars. According to ScreenCrush, however, kids aren’t the only ones getting in on the fun.
A company called NECA will soon release a line of absurdly detailed action figures from Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight, perhaps the least kid-friendly film in the history of ever. In actuality, “figurines” is a better term for these pieces, as the set offers eight, eight-inch tall miniatures of the film’s eponymous octet for $30 each. For the numerically challenged, that’s $240 for the whole set — a tad steep for your 5-year-old.
Here’s the full list of available figures, each of which comes with intricately tailored fabric clothing and character-specific accessories from the movie (pistols, rifles, shackles, gun belts, holsters, etc.):
- Major Marquis Warren (The Bounty Hunter) — Samuel L. Jackson
- General Sandy Smithers (The Confederate) — Bruce Dern
- Joe Gage (The Cow Puncher) — Michael Madsen
- Sheriff Chris Mannix (The Sheriff) — Walton Goggins
- John Ruth (The Hangman) — Kurt Russell
- Oswaldo Mobray (The Little Man) — Tim Roth
- Bob (The Mexican) — Demián Bichir
- Daisy Domergue (The Prisoner) — Jennifer Jason Leigh
Like most (if not all) of the director’s films, The Hateful Eight is rated R, with plenty of blood and guts to spare. That said, these are clearly more collector’s items than action figures and could certainly be a fun home theater adornment for die-hard cinephiles and Tarantino-philes alike.
NECA’s website says the figurines will be available in January 2016, which would mean they should go on sale within the next few days, so keep an eye out if you’re looking to get your hands on Major Marquis Warren, Oswaldo Mobray, or any other member of this unscrupulous crew.
- Check out the action-packed trailer for Netflix’s ‘What Happened to Monday?’
- Funko’s ‘Stranger Things’-inspired action figures look straight out of the 1980s
- Star Wars Studio FX app lets you create your own movies with your action figures
- Check out the first teaser for Disney’s next live-action remake
- Kurt Russell accidentally smashed a priceless guitar from 1870 in The Hateful Eight