Here be dragons, well — not exactly. But HBO has at last announced the 2015 premiere date for its latest seasons of Game of Thrones, Veep, and Silicon Valley.
— Game Of Thrones (@GameOfThrones) January 8, 2015
As the above tweet reveals, Game of Thrones is slated to start off a marathon of new seasons on HBO, starting at 9:00 PM E.T. on April 12. HBO hasn’t shared much else yet, except that the hour-long GoT premiere is followed by new half-hour episodes of two other popular HBO Shows: Silicon Valley at 10:00 PM E.T., and Veep at 10:30 PM.
We don’t know much about these three upcoming shows aside from the usual list of cast members what we’ve seen in recent trailers, and the fact that Game of Thrones continues to be a show so popular it still has the title of “most pirated show” on most torrenting sites. Since HBO plans to soon launch its HBO GO service in 2015 — likely not long after these shows premiere — we’ll have to also see how that launch will affect the way people choose to watch their favorite HBO shows. For now though, we’re back to the waiting game again.
- House of the Dragon: Everything we know about the Game of Thrones spinoff
- The best Game of Thrones episodes, one year later
- How to watch Game of Thrones online
- George RR Martin is working on new Game of Thrones book while social distancing
- Game of Thrones’ Tormund Giantsbane might join The Witcher season 2