Forbes tallied gross pay from June 1, 2015 through June 1, 2016 and the Hunger Games star took home a whopping $46 million during that span. That’s less than she brought home last year, but still $13 million more than the second entrant on the list, Melissa McCarthy.
Apart from the top five highest paid actresses above, other notable superstar leading ladies this year include: Charlize Theron ($16.5 million), marking her first time back on the list in three years; Amy Adams ($13.5 million); Julia Roberts ($12 million); Mila Kunis ($11 million); and first-time entrant, Indian film actress Deepika Padukone ($10 million). Falling off the top-10, however, were Angelina Jolie, Reese Witherspoon, Anne Hathaway, and Kristen Stewart. Kunis is an interesting entrant, clearly raking in big bucks for films like Bad Moms, which was released not long after Forbes’ tally period, as well as her long-time (and apparently lucrative) gig voicing the character of Meg Griffin on the long-running animated series Family Guy. Not bad for the former Jackie Burkhardt from That ’70s Show.
- Wonder Woman 1984: Everything we know about the movie so far
- The Suicide Squad: Everything we know about James Gunn’s sequel
- The 50 best movies on HBO right now
- The 50 best movies on Netflix right now
- The 20 best new movies to stream on Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and HBO