Forbes tallied gross pay from June 1, 2015 through June 1, 2016 and the Hunger Games star took home a whopping $46 million during that span. That’s less than she brought home last year, but still $13 million more than the second entrant on the list, Melissa McCarthy.
Apart from the top five highest paid actresses above, other notable superstar leading ladies this year include: Charlize Theron ($16.5 million), marking her first time back on the list in three years; Amy Adams ($13.5 million); Julia Roberts ($12 million); Mila Kunis ($11 million); and first-time entrant, Indian film actress Deepika Padukone ($10 million). Falling off the top-10, however, were Angelina Jolie, Reese Witherspoon, Anne Hathaway, and Kristen Stewart. Kunis is an interesting entrant, clearly raking in big bucks for films like Bad Moms, which was released not long after Forbes’ tally period, as well as her long-time (and apparently lucrative) gig voicing the character of Meg Griffin on the long-running animated series Family Guy. Not bad for the former Jackie Burkhardt from That ’70s Show.
- Emma Stone is the highest paid actress of 2017, according to annual Forbes list
- Mark Wahlberg takes the top spot on Forbes' highest-paid actors list for 2017
- Jennifer Lawrence is the highest-paid 2016 Oscar nominee, with $52 million earned in 2015
- Katy Perry tops Forbes’ list of highest paid female musicians with $135M
- Comedians in cars getting paid! Seinfeld tops Forbes list of best-paid comedians