I am Number Four may not have been receiving the press to make it a household name yet, but with producing pedigree like Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay behind it, you can expect a lot of coverage. And lots of ‘splosions.
The movie follows Number Four (Alex Pettyfer), the fourth of nine aliens that fled to Earth as infants to escape the Mogadorians, an invading race that have followed the refugees to finish them off. The Mogadorians are working the way down the list, taking the refugees one by one. The first three have been killed, and Number Four is on the run. When he meets a woman that he falls in love with, he decides that it is time to stand and fight.
The movie is based on a New York Times best-selling book by Pittacus Lore (the nom de plume of authors Jobie Hughes and James Frey), and it is the first of a planned six part series.
The film stars up and comer Alex Bettyfer, best known for his Burberry modeling ads. Joining him are Timothy Olyphant (Deadwood), Dianna Agron (Glee), and Teresa Palmer (The Sorcerer’s Apprentice). It is directed by DJ Caruso (Eagle Eye), and scheduled for release on February 18, 2011.
- He-Man and the ‘Masters of the Universe’ have found their directors
- The best movies on Netflix right now (May 2018)
- Everything we know so far about the new ‘Terminator’ trilogy
- A drone captures dramatic footage of surfers caught in big waves in Portugal
- Where Baby Groot’s dance moves came from, and other FX secrets from ‘Guardians 2’