I am Number Four may not have been receiving the press to make it a household name yet, but with producing pedigree like Steven Spielberg and Michael Bay behind it, you can expect a lot of coverage. And lots of ‘splosions.
The movie follows Number Four (Alex Pettyfer), the fourth of nine aliens that fled to Earth as infants to escape the Mogadorians, an invading race that have followed the refugees to finish them off. The Mogadorians are working the way down the list, taking the refugees one by one. The first three have been killed, and Number Four is on the run. When he meets a woman that he falls in love with, he decides that it is time to stand and fight.
The movie is based on a New York Times best-selling book by Pittacus Lore (the nom de plume of authors Jobie Hughes and James Frey), and it is the first of a planned six part series.
The film stars up and comer Alex Bettyfer, best known for his Burberry modeling ads. Joining him are Timothy Olyphant (Deadwood), Dianna Agron (Glee), and Teresa Palmer (The Sorcerer’s Apprentice). It is directed by DJ Caruso (Eagle Eye), and scheduled for release on February 18, 2011.
- The best movies on Netflix right now (January 2019)
- Stuffed? Kick back with the best Thanksgiving TV shows and movies to stream
- Second time around: 13 movie sequels as good, or better, than the originals
- ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel series finds a director and new cast members
- The best romance movies on Netflix (January 2018)