George Lucas loves him some 3D! Or maybe he just loves money… Either way, Blue Sky Disney is reporting that Lucasfilms is planning on re-releasing all of the Indiana Jones movies in 3D, beginning with Raiders of the Lost Ark. And yes, they will even be re-releasing The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in 3D so you can watch Shia LaBeouf swing from the vines with a bunch of monkeys and watch a man survive a point blank atomic bomb detonation by crawling into a refrigerator—but in 3D!
Like the Star Wars films which will soon receive the 3D theatrical treatment as well, the Indy movies will receive a lengthy conversion process that is likely to take at least a year. Lucasfilms has not given a projected release date for the films, but it is unlikely they will hit theaters before 2012.
Work also continues on a fifth Indiana Jones film, and according to cast members, it is just a matter of finishing the script and finding the time in everyone’s schedules. If it happens, it seems a given that the movie will be filmed in 3D.
- Grab your fedora: Here’s everything we know about ‘Indiana Jones 5’
- Everything we know about ‘Star Wars: Episode VIII’
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far
- Steven Spielberg to direct DC’s ‘Blackhawk,’ his first superhero movie
- Movies Anywhere expands its reach with the addition of FandangoNow