George Lucas loves him some 3D! Or maybe he just loves money… Either way, Blue Sky Disney is reporting that Lucasfilms is planning on re-releasing all of the Indiana Jones movies in 3D, beginning with Raiders of the Lost Ark. And yes, they will even be re-releasing The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull in 3D so you can watch Shia LaBeouf swing from the vines with a bunch of monkeys and watch a man survive a point blank atomic bomb detonation by crawling into a refrigerator—but in 3D!
Like the Star Wars films which will soon receive the 3D theatrical treatment as well, the Indy movies will receive a lengthy conversion process that is likely to take at least a year. Lucasfilms has not given a projected release date for the films, but it is unlikely they will hit theaters before 2012.
Work also continues on a fifth Indiana Jones film, and according to cast members, it is just a matter of finishing the script and finding the time in everyone’s schedules. If it happens, it seems a given that the movie will be filmed in 3D.
- Second time around: 13 movie sequels as good, or better, than the originals
- The future of Star Wars: All the known movies and TV series coming your way
- ‘Men in Black International’: Everything we know about the new MiB movie
- The best action movies on Netflix right now (December 2018)
- The best movies on Amazon Prime right now (December 2018)