Although director Edgar Wright is off doing other things, the other two writers (and actors) behind Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz (plus the criminally underrated British sitcom Spaced) have reunited in the comedy Paul, which also stars Jason Bateman, Kristen Wiig, and the voice of Seth Rogan.
When Graham and Clive, two British comic book geeks, head to Area 51 in the hopes of finding alien life, they are shocked to discover that they actually succeed in their goal when they meet the alien named Paul. But Paul is not quite what they expect. Rather than some advanced life form, Paul is a likeable little guy that drinks and smokes, who is on the run from Agent Lorenzo Zoil (Bateman) and his “men in black” style agency that wants to dissect the alien.
Directed by Greg Mottola (Adventureland, Superbad), Paul also stars Kristen Wiig, Jane Lynch, and Sigourney Weaver. Check out the international trailer below, and look for Paul in theaters on March 18, 2011
- Fortnite is getting a new alien skin just in time for the Area 51 raid
- Disney is working overtime to keep The Mandalorian’s big twist a secret
- Only about 75 people actually made it to the viral Area 51 raid
- The Navy says Tom DeLonge’s UFO videos are real. That doesn’t mean it’s aliens
- The hands on this clock are made from an experimental magnetic rocket fuel