A few more spots have been filled on the Matthew Vuaghn’s X-Men: First Class movie, according to various reports. Jason Flemyng (Clash of the Titans, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button) has reportedly been cast as Azazel, a teleporting mutant that is also the father of the later X-man Nightcrawler. According to Suerpherohype, while the deal is not yet final, the news came from Flemyng himself, which suggests the deal is all but done.
Flemyng has appeared in several of Vaughn’s movies, usually in a cameo, or as a supporting actor.
And while the news of Flemying being cast may be all but official, The Hollywood Reporter is reporting that Rose Byrne (Damages, Get Him to the Greek) is still in negotiations to play Dr. Moira MacTaggert, a potential love interest for James McAvoy’s Professor Charles Xavier.
Due out June 3, 2011, Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class will also star Michael Fassbender as a young Magneto, Kevin Bacon as Sebastian Shaw, and Alice Eve as Emma Frost. More casting news should be coming soon, as filming is set to begin later this month.
- Report shows Machine learning is helping make Google Play a whole lot safer
- Google Play sees 19 billion apps downloaded in previous quarter
- Here’s everything we know about the ‘Venom’ movie
- PowerDVD 18 brings 4K Blu-Ray, HEVC support to Windows PCs
- Google took down more than 700,000 apps from the Play Store in 2017