LucasFilm’s new Singapore campus might be shiny and new, but it definitely resembles something from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. It’s currently under construction, but the rendering shows off an eight-story, sleek version of a Jawa Sandcrawler. The natives of Tatooine live in the deserts of the planet or use the massive Sandcrawlers for transportation – although this rendition is likely to stay put.
Once completed, the campus will include a 100-seat theater, a public speaking arena, conference rooms, elevated gardens, and LucasFilm offices. It’s expected to be officially unveiled in 2012, but until then check out the photo gallery below. Hopefully the new building will be enough to keep Tuscan Raiders at bay.
- Watch a drone lose control and crash onto Apple Park’s solar roof
- Obi-Wan Kenobi’s Star Wars spinoff film may begin filming in 2019
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators will build new worlds in Disney’s Star Wars galaxy
- Google has a problem with its campus bike-sharing scheme
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’: News, trailers, and everything we know so far