LucasFilm’s new Singapore campus might be shiny and new, but it definitely resembles something from a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. It’s currently under construction, but the rendering shows off an eight-story, sleek version of a Jawa Sandcrawler. The natives of Tatooine live in the deserts of the planet or use the massive Sandcrawlers for transportation – although this rendition is likely to stay put.
Once completed, the campus will include a 100-seat theater, a public speaking arena, conference rooms, elevated gardens, and LucasFilm offices. It’s expected to be officially unveiled in 2012, but until then check out the photo gallery below. Hopefully the new building will be enough to keep Tuscan Raiders at bay.
- The future of Star Wars: All the known movies and TV series coming your way
- Tinder wants to help you make friends at school this year with Tinder U
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’: Everything we know so far
- Comic-Con 2018 highlights: From Star Trek spinoffs to a Star Wars revival
- How General Motors is preparing for an electric, autonomous, connected future