Fortunately, Damon has it covered.
Universal Pictures has released a video — titled Bourne in 90 seconds — featuring Damon himself recapping the relevant events of the previous four films. And amazingly, it does a pretty impressive job of bringing audiences up to speed with Jason Bourne’s complicated saga so far.
Jason Bourne reunites Damon with The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum director Paul Greengrass in a film set 12 years after the events of the latter film. The movie features the return of Jason Bourne (Damon) after he was widely believed to be dead, which prompts no small amount of concern among government agents played by Oscar winners Alicia Vikander (Ex Machina) and Tommy Lee Jones (Men in Black). The film’s cast also features the return of Julia Stiles as former support technician Nicky Parsons, who has a long history with Bourne.
Damon and Greengrass previously indicated that the film’s plot will spin out of events that occurred between the events of The Bourne Supremacy, which ended with Jason going underground in 2004, and his re-emergence in 2016. Where he was and what led him to suddenly make an explosive return onto the CIA’s radar will be explored as the action unfolds.
The script for Jason Bourne was penned by Greengrass and Christopher Rouse, who served as an editor on The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum.
Jason Bourne hits theaters July 29.
- Everything we know so far about Ghostbusters: Afterlife
- Matt Damon and Kristen Wiig get small in first ‘Downsizing’ trailer
- Matt Damon’s fight trainer explains how he made Bourne’s brawls so gritty
- As Matt Damon scales ‘The Great Wall,’ China is building a bridge to Hollywood
- Watch Matt Damon trick James Corden into doing dangerous ‘Jason Bourne’ stunts