It’s no secret that a significant portion of people watching the Super Bowl each year are tuning in to see the commercials — particularly the movie trailers that debut during the biggest football game of the year. With NBC broadcasting this year’s game, it makes sense that one of the first films to be confirmed for a new trailer premiering during the game is Universal Pictures’ Jurassic World, produced by NBC-Universal’s primary movie-making studio.
In a segment detailing some of the companies debuting new commercials during the big game, Good Morning America confirmed that a new Jurassic World trailer will premiere during Super Bowl XLIX, which is scheduled to kick off February 1. Thus far, Jurassic World is the only confirmed film with a spot in the Super Bowl ad roster.
Set 22 years after Steven Spielberg’s 1993 blockbuster Jurassic Park, the new film stars Chris Pratt (Guardians of the Galaxy), Bryce Dallas Howard (The Help), Ty Simpkins (Insidious), Jake Johnson (Let’s Be Cops), Irrfan Khan (Life of Pi), Vincent D’Onofrio (Daredevil), BD Wong (Jurassic Park), Judy Greer (Archer), and Lauren Lapkus (Blended).
Jurassic World will arrive in 2D, 3D, and IMAX theaters June 12, 2015.
- Watch all the Super Bowl movie trailers from this year’s game
- ‘Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom’: Everything we know about the sequel so far
- Between the Streams: ‘Avengers: Infinity War,’ the beautiful ‘Shape of Water’
- Origin Millennium gaming desktop review
- Between the Streams: Tarantino’s R-rated Star Trek, Jurassic World 2 trailer