If you are a fan of the Green Lantern comics, then the information in the trailer below is going to be fairly basic stuff. But for those that aren’t in the know, it explains what exactly the Green Lantern Corps is, and what the framework for the world that the movie takes place in is.
The Green Lantern Corps are a group of intergalactic peacekeepers, chosen for the fearless natures to defend their sectors of space. Thousands are chosen and given power rings, which can manifest the will of the wearer into physical constructs, as well as give them certain abilities like flight.
If the voice narrating the trailer sounds familiar, that is because it is Geoffery Rush, who voices Tomar-Re, a CGI-based character that helps to train Hal Jordan (Ryan Reynolds) in the way of the ring and the Corps. Joining Rush and Reynolds are Mark Strong, Blake Lively, Peter Sarsgaard and Tim Robbins. Directed by Martin Campbell, Green Lantern is due out in 3D on June 17.
- Check out the best Green Monday deals for those last-minute gifts
- The most valuable vinyl records on Earth
- Scammers’ latest phishing attacks are using that little green padlock to fool you
- Waymo receives first permit to test fully driverless cars in California
- Bright ‘hyperactive’ comet should be visible in the sky this weekend