Yesterday, we got an early, unofficial look at the beard Mark Hamill will sport as veteran Jedi Master Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: Episode VII, and now we might have a similarly unofficial peek at the film’s redesigned soldiers of the Empire, the iconic Stormtroopers.
The images first appeared on Indie Revolver, and depict two helmets reportedly worn by the Stormtroopers of Episode VII, director J.J. Abrams’ upcoming film set after the events of 1983’s Star Wars: Episode VI — Return of the Jedi. One of the photos allegedly shows the standard Stormtrooper helmet used in the film, clearly a sleeker, more futuristic version of the classic helmet — which makes sense, given the film’s setting in the years following Return of the Jedi. The second photo reportedly features one of the film’s Snowtrooper helmets, an updated version of another iconic uniform worn by the Empire’s soldiers.
Of course, it’s worth reiterating that these images are entirely unofficial, unconfirmed, and well, they could be completely fabricated and not appear in the film at all — so it’s important to not get too worked up about them. Just exult in the excitement of more Star Wars being a reality.
If they are authentic, though, the photos offer a nice indication of how the technology of the Star Wars universe has evolved in the time between the event of Episode VI — Return of the Jedi and the upcoming Episode VII.
You can see the photos below and judge for yourself:
- No Mandalorian? No problem: How to fill the Star Wars void in your life
- Star Wars: Episode IX — The Rise of Skywalker: Everything you need to know
- The future of Star Wars: All the known movies and TV series coming your way
- You’re doing it wrong! Here’s the perfect way to watch the Star Wars films
- Say hello to Star Wars’ Bad Batch in this sneak peek at The Clone Wars season 7