Last night’s inaugural College Football Playoff National Championship wasn’t a very exciting affair, but the new trailer for Avengers: Age Of Ultron that debuted during the event’s broadcast made things interesting with quite a bit of fresh, action-packed footage from the upcoming sequel to The Avengers.
The new preview for Age Of Ultron clocked in at around 1:40, and though it offered noticeably less Ultron this time around, it made up for that by packing in more explosive footage of Iron Man’s battle with Hulk while wearing his massive “Hulkbuster” armor. The trailer also featured more footage of Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and Hawkeye (Jeremy Renner), as well as a few glimpses of newcomers Quicksilver (Aaron Taylor-Johnson) and Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen).
Still conspicuously absent from the footage, however, is Vision — the team’s android ally set to be played by Paul Bettany.
The new Age Of Ultron trailer also continues to establish the dark, sinister tone set by its predecessor, clearly hammering home the theme that this is the superhero team’s darkest hour.
Written and directed by Joss Whedon, Avengers: Age Of Ultron hits theaters May 1, 2015.
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’: Everything we know so far
- Everything we know about Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ movie so far
- Everything we know about ‘Deadpool 2’
- It’s Dumbledore, Depp, and dark magic in ‘Fantastic Beasts’ sequel trailer
- Jaegers, assemble! Here’s everything we know about ‘Pacific Rim Uprising’