The 40-second preview puts actor Sharlto Copley front and center as Detective Christian Walker, who narrates the trailer while looking out at a sky filled with powerful superhuman heroes and villains battling in mid-air. As the camera pans out, Walker’s own superhero-shaped shadow can be seen, underlining the show’s maxim “Real power lies within.”
The series is based on Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming’s celebrated comic-book series of the same name, and stars Susan Heyward as Walker’s partner, Detective Deena Pilgrim, as well as Max Fowler, Adam Godley, Noah Taylor, Olesya Rulin, and Eddie Izzard. Crime novelist and comic-book writer Charlie Huston (Moon Knight) wrote the first episode of the series and serves as showrunner along with Caprica producer Remi Aubuchon.
The first two episodes of the series were directed by 30 Days of Night and Hannibal director David Slade.
Powers premieres on PSN March 10, with the first three episodes available immediately to PlayStation Plus subscribers, and the pilot episode available to everyone on PSN and at PlayStation.com/Powers. New episodes will then premiere every Tuesday.
- The difference between diesel- and gasoline-powered cars
- The best battery packs and power stations for use in the outdoors
- Nissan is using old Leaf batteries to power and connect off-the-grid campers
- The Nokia 8.1 is a Pie-powered midrange phone that’s not coming to the U.S.
- Moto G7, G7 Power, G7 Play hands-on review