Former Daily Show correspondent Rob Riggle seems to be everywhere you look these days, with roles in the recent 21 Jump Street reboot and its sequel, a co-starring role in Dumb and Dumber To, regular segments on Fox’s NFL Sunday show, and a featured role in the upcoming Dead Rising: Watchtower film based on the hit zombie-survival video game. And now he’s headed to Fox with a new television series, too.
Deadline reports that the still-untitled series will be a single-camera comedy based on the Austrian series Braunschlag, which follows the mayor of a small town struggling to keep up with the rapidly evolving world around it. Riggle is attached to play the town’s mayor.
The American version of the series will be developed by The Office and American Dad writer Steve Hely, with Hely and Riggle serving as executive producers.
Much like The Office and other recent series adapted from programs that found success elsewhere, the original Braunschlag series had a critically praised, eight-episode run in 2012 and garnered impressively high ratings.
- ‘Howard the Duck’ and three other Marvel animated series are coming to Hulu
- The best Netflix Original series
- Marvel Studios is making an alternate-universe What If series for Disney Plus
- Amazon’s Lord of the Rings series: Everything we know so far
- A Resident Evil television series is reportedly coming to Netflix