One of the many upcoming movies to buy some time during this weekend’s Super Bowl was Ted 2, the sequel to Seth MacFarlane’s Ted, the highest-grossing R-rated comedy of all time.
While the 46-second preview of the film packed in a lot of laughs (and some potentially NSFW dialogue), it was the presence of one particular actor that set the teaser apart from the rest of this weekend’s movie promotions: New England Patriots quarterback (and now four-time Super Bowl Champion QB) Tom Brady.
The sequel to Ted finds pals John (Mark Wahlberg) and his walking, talking teddy bear Ted (voiced by MacFarlane) contemplating the next step in their respective lives and relationships. With Ted and his new wife hoping to become parents, the search is on for a sperm donor — which is where Tom Brady’s cameo comes into the picture.
Even after the pair find a donor, however, legal questions regarding Ted’s right to raise a child complicate matters and put one raunchy teddy bear’s desire to become a father in the spotlight.
Co-written and directed by MacFarlane, Ted 2 hits theaters June 26. Along with Wahlberg and MacFarlane (and Brady), the film stars Amanda Seyfried (A Million Ways to Die in the West), Morgan Freeman (Wanted), Dennis Haysbert (24) and Liam Neeson (Taken).
- Everything we know about ‘Deadpool 2’
- Spoiler alert: The Patriots win. ‘Madden NFL 18’ already called Super Bowl 52
- The best new movie trailers: ‘Deadpool 2,’ ‘Hotel Artemis,’ and more
- Between the Streams: CBS’ desperate ‘Murphy Brown’ revival, Super Bowl trailers
- Here’s what’s new on Amazon Prime Video in May 2018