Blue Sky Studios and 20th Century Fox are once again dipping their toes into the world of animation. The makers of Ice Age franchise are leaving behind the frozen fields of a pre-historic Earth for the modern day locale of balmy Rio de Janeiro in the upcoming animated comedy, Rio.
Blu (voiced by Jesse Eisenberg) is a blue macaw living in Minnesota. He has a cushy and pampered life, but it is soon revealed that he is one of the last males of his kind, and might be the last chance for the continuation of the species. Blu is taken to Rio de Janeiro, where he is expected to mate with Jewel (Anne Hathaway), one of the last female blue macaws known to exist. Unfortunately, Jewel is not the domestic type, and she forces Blu to escape into Rio where they are pursued by the nefarious Fernando (Jake T. Austin), who is hoping to sell them for a small fortune.
The film also starts the voice talents of George Lopez, Jane Lynch, Tracy Morgan, Leslie Mann, Wil.I.Am, Jamie Foxx, and Jermaine Clement. Look for it in theaters on April 15, 2011 in 3D.
- Amazon’s ‘The Tick’ is back in blue in first trailer for second half of season 1
- The Dark Knight journeys to feudal Japan in the epic anime ‘Batman Ninja’
- Miles of music: The 55 best songs about cars, driving, and road trips
- Relive your old-school headshots with ‘The Duke’ controller for OG Xbox gamers
- With Solos Glasses, 2K microdisplay, Kopin hopes to storm the VR industry