Season 2 will pick up where the first season left off, with the Pfeffermans continuing to adjust to the gender transition of the family patriarch/matriarch (played by Jeffrey Tamor) from Morton to Maura, among other big changes. While the family may have a better understanding of Maura’s journey, the teaser shows that she’s still fighting an uphill battle. As the family poses for a group photo at the wedding of oldest daughter Sarah (Amy Landecker), the photographer causes a tense moment by misgendering Maura, calling her “sir” instead of “ma’am.”
In the teaser, the group is as chaotic as ever, with everyone seemingly having a different agenda and opinion to voice. The Pfeffermans’ growing ranks are also on display, with Sarah’s apparent wife-to-be, Tammy (Melora Hardin), the newly discovered son of Josh (Jay Duplass), and even Tammy’s former stepdaughter (Kiersey Clemons) all present. The more the merrier … maybe.
Amazon Studios’ announcements came via Twitter, first with a tweet sharing the teaser and saying that “it’s about to get messy,” and then with a message welcoming Jones to the Transparent family. The studio didn’t reveal any character details, so we’ll have to wait to learn more about her role. Jones is known for both film and TV roles, and perhaps most notably for playing Allison Taylor on 24.
- ‘The Mandalorian’: What we know about Jon Favreau’s live-action Star Wars series
- ‘John Wick: Chapter 3 — Parabellum’ — Here’s everything we know so far
- The best shows on Amazon Prime right now (January 2019)
- ‘The Punisher’ season 2: Here’s everything we know so far
- ‘The Orville’ season 2 gets a new, drama-heavy teaser trailer