The opening of the premiere picks up where the mid-season finale left off, with various members of Rick Grimes’ band of survivors mourning the lives lost in the prior episode. With their hope for the future dwindling, the group finds themselves on the road once again, carrying what little humanity they have left along with them.
Titled “What Happened and What’s Going On,” the mid-season premiere was directed by makeup effects expert Greg Nicotero, who has directed several key episodes of the hit series so far, including the Season Four and Season Five premieres. The Walking Dead has already been renewed for a sixth season, which is expected to premiere in the fall.
The series is based on the comic book created by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore, and Charlie Adlard. It stars Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Chad Coleman, Chandler Riggs, Melissa McBride, Emily Kinney, Danai Gurira, and Sonequa Martin-Green.
The mid-season premiere of The Walking Dead debuts February 8 at 9 p.m. EST on AMC.
- ‘The Walking Dead’ season 9 will say goodbye to another main character
- Rick Grimes may leave ‘The Walking Dead’ in season 9
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 is coming! Here’s everything we know so far
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ season 2: Everything we know so far
- ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 is coming! Here’s everything we know so far