With zombie drama The Walking Dead returning from its mid-season break this Sunday, AMC has released the first two minutes of the February 8 episode to watch online — and if you were expecting the tension to let up when the series returns, you’re in for a rough weekend.
The opening of the premiere picks up where the mid-season finale left off, with various members of Rick Grimes’ band of survivors mourning the lives lost in the prior episode. With their hope for the future dwindling, the group finds themselves on the road once again, carrying what little humanity they have left along with them.
Titled “What Happened and What’s Going On,” the mid-season premiere was directed by makeup effects expert Greg Nicotero, who has directed several key episodes of the hit series so far, including the Season Four and Season Five premieres. The Walking Dead has already been renewed for a sixth season, which is expected to premiere in the fall.
The series is based on the comic book created by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore, and Charlie Adlard. It stars Andrew Lincoln, Norman Reedus, Steven Yeun, Lauren Cohan, Chad Coleman, Chandler Riggs, Melissa McBride, Emily Kinney, Danai Gurira, and Sonequa Martin-Green.
The mid-season premiere of The Walking Dead debuts February 8 at 9 p.m. EST on AMC.
- Who hopped in a car with Negan on ‘The Walking Dead’?
- Everything we know about ‘Jessica Jones’ season 2 so far
- ‘Jessica Jones’ season 2 prep guide: What we learned from our sneak peek
- ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8 is coming! Here’s everything we know so far
- Your first spoiler-free peek at ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’s dark second season