The Wild West was a dangerous place, and Seth MacFarlane makes that abundantly clear in the new red-band trailer for his upcoming comedy A Million Ways To Die In The West.
MacFarlane’s follow-up to the surprisingly well-received — and unsurprisingly raunchy — 2012 film Ted, A Million Ways To Die In The West is directed and co-written by the Family Guy creator, who also plays the film’s lead role. The film casts MacFarlane as a cowardly farmer whose girlfriend leaves him after he backs down from a gunfight. After meeting a beautiful woman who recently arrived in town (played by Charlize Theron), the farmer must find his courage when his new girlfriend’s husband — a notorious outlaw played by Liam Neeson — shows up looking for a fight.
As the new trailer for the film illustrates in no uncertain terms, A Million Ways To Die In The West will offer much of the same slapstick, no-holds-barred humor MacFarlane is known for, and because it’s a MacFarlane film, you can probably expect a musical number, too.
Along with Theron and Neeson, MacFarlane is joined in the cast by Amanda Seyfried, Sarah Silverman, Giovanni Ribisi, and Neil Patrick Harris.
A Million Ways To Die In the West hits theaters May 30.
- Perched on a cliff, the Hawk’s Nest is a stunning artist retreat in West Virginia
- Drunk guy doesn’t quite recall requesting a $1,600 Uber ride
- Everything we know about the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2S
- Putting Kim’s face on your phone case might make you a true Kardashian
- Lara Croft leaps for her life in the first ‘Tomb Raider’ clips