More possible casting news from director Matthew Vaughn’s X-Men: First Class. Last week we reported that Alice Eve (She’s Out of My League, Sex and the City 2) had been cast as Emma Frost, and now Aint It Cool is reporting that actor Aaron Johnson has been cast to play the future X-Men leader Scott Summers/Cyclops. According to AIC’s source, the casting is “one hundred percent locked”.
The 20-year old actor has been steadily gaining popularity and reputation following a turn as John Lennon in the critically acclaimed Nowhere Boy, and as the title character in Vaughn’s last movie, KickAss. Vaughn and Johnson are scheduled to be working together again on the recently announced KickAss 2: Balls to the Wall, so the fact that Johnson may have been cast in Vaughn’s X-Men isn’t a huge surprise.
Further rumors have Amber Heard (Zombieland, Pineapple Express) playing Mystique, Rosamund Pike (Surrogates, An Education) as Moira MacTaggert, Caleb Landry (Friday Night Lights) as Banshee, and Benjamin Walker (Flags of Our Fathers) as Henry McCoy/Beast, although all are still unconfirmed.
X-Men: First Class is due out June 3, 2011.
- ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel series finds a director and new cast members
- ‘Star Wars: Episode IX’: Everything we know so far
- ‘Bohemian Rhapsody’: Everything we know about the Queen biopic
- ‘Men in Black International’: Everything we know about the new MiB movie
- Recast: 11 TV characters who were played by multiple actors