Spotify wants you to listen to as much music as possible during the dog days of summer. That’s why the music subscription service announced Super Summer of Music.
If you pay $10 before June 15, you will get three months of Spotify Premium. Premium brings several differences over the free version of Spotify, such as increased sound quality, the ability to save songs for offline listening, and no ads.
This promotion adds yet another note to the interesting last couple of weeks the company has had. In positive news, Spotify recently reached the 10 million paid subscriber mark, and while there are 40 million active users of the service, the company would like to have most of them as paid subscribers. In addition, Spotify made it easier to save your music for offline listening.
Unfortunately, a Spotify user’s account was compromised, leading Spotify to alert its users to change their passwords. In addition, the company issued an updated version of the Spotify app for Android, with no such update issued for iOS and Windows Phone.
- Apple Music vs. Spotify: Which service is the streaming king?
- Rumored revamp of Spotify’s free mobile service could be a big step up
- Spotify will be making some changes to its mobile app next week
- Apple Music is growing fast, but it will be a while before world domination
- How much is Spotify Premium, and how can you get it at a discount (or for free)?