The game is one of this spring’s biggest major releases. Published by Square Enix, Outriders was set to be the first big third-party game of the new console generation before getting delayed till April. Now, it’ll be available for Xbox Game Pass subscribers on Xbox consoles and Android. It will not be available on PC.
The Game Pass version of the game will still support crossplay with other consoles. That means Xbox owners will be able to squad up with PlayStation 5 owners and PC players.
Outriders is a major addition for Xbox Game Pass. While the service adds first-party Microsoft games when they launch, major third-party titles tend to come long after a game releases. Outriders is one of the biggest new games to land on the system in some time.
The release potentially sets the stage for a big relationship between Microsoft and Square Enix. Fans have long speculated that Microsoft may try to acquire Square Enix following its recent Bethesda purchase. While that’s only been a rumor up to this point, Outriders coming to Game Pass is a massive development that could lead to more Square Enix titles coming to Game Pass down the line.
- Intel serves up new benchmarks for Arc Alchemist, but can you trust them?
- Microsoft Teams may liven up meetings with casual game integration
- These three Persona classics are headed to Xbox and PC
- Forza Motorsport is getting a reboot, but it’s not coming this year
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II gameplay trailer features callbacks to COD 4