With the debate over global warming raging on, one can’t help but become instilled with even the tiniest sliver of hope when world superpower, and notorious carbon emitter, China adds another Eco-friendly structure. Such is the case with the Eco Tower Wuhan Greenland Center.
The tower is being designed by Adrian Smith + Gordan Gill Architecture and will be the world’s 4th tallest building, It will reach a height of 1,988 feet and consist of 119 floors. The design encompasses rounded corners and a domed design to reduce wind resistance. Ultimately, the aim of the tower is to provide for China’s large population while at the same time reducing carbon emissions and energy use.
- Calling China, mate? Mega-network China Mobile launches U.K. phone service
- Engineers just built the world’s tallest ice tower in China — here’s how
- Mobile ‘PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds’ games for China market look impressive
- It’s almost here! Here’s the best of what’s coming at CES 2018
- The 600-hp Polestar 1 is the sexy Volvo coupe you’ve been waiting for