With the debate over global warming raging on, one can’t help but become instilled with even the tiniest sliver of hope when world superpower, and notorious carbon emitter, China adds another Eco-friendly structure. Such is the case with the Eco Tower Wuhan Greenland Center.
The tower is being designed by Adrian Smith + Gordan Gill Architecture and will be the world’s 4th tallest building, It will reach a height of 1,988 feet and consist of 119 floors. The design encompasses rounded corners and a domed design to reduce wind resistance. Ultimately, the aim of the tower is to provide for China’s large population while at the same time reducing carbon emissions and energy use.
- The gaming stream dries up in China as government cuts access to Twitch
- Apple, government contractors were hacked using tiny Chinese chips, report says
- Airbnb calls off Great Wall sleepover contest after backlash
- The Qin is a super-cheap feature phone with A.I., 4G, and a T9 keypad
- The Overwatch League adds 8 new teams for 2019, including Paris and Toronto