Allan Island, the private property owned from billionaire Paul Allen, is for sale. The island, near Anacortes, Washington, is coincidentally named for a Navy war hero and not the former colleague of Bill Gates. He bought it back in the early 90s, and this is his second attempt to sell it off. This time it’s being marked down though: Sale price is $13.5 million, down about $11 million since Allen tried to sell it in 2005. Quite the steal.
At the moment it’s little more than terrain you’d be purchasing. A log cabin, airstrip, dock, and empty lots are all that sit on Allan Island’s 292 acres of forest and beach. But if you’re looking to build and own your own private island—accessible via plane or boat—then check out the photos.
- Tannenbaum in a box? You can order a real, 7-foot-tall Christmas tree from Amazon
- Amazon has a huge team dedicated to enhancing Alexa and Echo
- Microsoft co-founder, Seahawks owner Paul Allen dies at 65
- Hackers sold 120 million private Facebook messages, report says
- Is ‘NBA Live 19’ any good? Try it for yourself right now