The aerobatic team, known as the Patrouille Suisse, usually demonstrates its skills flying in F-5E Tiger II fighter jets. But in a show on August 30 and September 6, it added the talents of three SWISS pilots, who flew an Airbus A330-300 alongside six significantly smaller fighter jets. To document the event from various angles, SWISS deployed several cameras to create a film – 38, in fact – allowing us to see the action from the seat of the fighter jet to the cockpit of the A330, and everything in-between.
The performance was organized by SWISS as part of its attendance at the Air14 show, held at the Payerne Air Force Base. The show counted approximately 50,000 visitors – some lucky enough to see this flyover. Check out these awesome videos from the air (above, produced by SWISS) and from the ground (below, filmed by a show attendee).
While we don’t normally want to experience this type of flying experience when we travel, these large-bodied planes are capable of performing extreme maneuvers. Check out the video of this Boeing 787-9 getting ready for an air show.
- Air Force to upgrade A-10s with 3-D audio (but not for the reason you’d think)
- Two small planes separately landed on highways in Southern California
- Lighter and tougher, graphene may be the future of wheelchairs
- MacBook Air (2018): Everything you need to know
- Eye-tracking tech lets you control a drone by looking where you want it to move