Learning photography using Canon gear may have just gotten a bit simpler with the launch of the company’s new online learning platform. On Wednesday, the camera manufacturer announced Canon Online Learning, a platform for online classes and print materials suitable for several different skill levels.
The new paid platform joins free resources like the Canon Community and blog that teach photographers both basic camera techniques and photography concepts. According to Canon, the new classes are designed for photographers from several different backgrounds and skill levels, from hobbyists and professionals to travelers and parents.
While plans for additional materials are in the works, the online learning platform has launched with seven initial classes:
- Understanding EOS Camera Operations
- Photo 101: How to Take Great Pictures
- Printing Basics & Beyond
- Great Landscapes Made Easy
- Child’s Play: Simple Tips for Photographing Children
- Getting Started with Flash Photography
- Canon Inside Guide: EOS Rebel Series
The classes are a go-at-your-own-pace style with both video and written materials. Some courses also include diagrams, shot lists, guides, assignments and quizzes.
“Canon has always provided industry-leading educational resources for our customers,” Yuichi Ishizuka, president and COO of Canon U.S.A., Inc., said in a press release. “Over the years, we have expanded our offerings to include live workshops, one-on-one in-person sessions, and countless free lectures across the country. Now, for those passionate customers looking to take a deeper dive into photography or videography, we have developed a curriculum of content that addresses the various ways our customers use our products today, and it’s available at their convenience online, day or night. This new program also helps familiarize the imaging community with our wide range of educational tools, allowing them to learn valuable tips from our technical experts, as well as our Explorers of Light professional photographers.”
The courses range in price from $19.99 to $59.99 and are available on the Canon Online Learning page.
- Udemy is offering some online courses for just $10, and others are free
- ‘Call of Duty: Black Ops 4’: Tips and tricks for surviving Blackout mode
- The vast majority of YouTube users hit the site for how-to videos
- Photography News: A ‘bombproof’ camera bag, Nikon D850 gets firmware fix
- 2018 was a terrific year for new cameras. Here are our favorites