EXILIM is the digital camera that has totally revolutionized digital imaging with a new design that makes it easy to enjoy the advantages of having your camera anywhere you go. The slim, trim card-size configuration and lightening-fast response of the EXILIM means that it is on hand and ready to let you capture those special moments whenever and wherever they happen. EXILIM continues to lead the way in the shift from film to compact and thin configurations in today’s digital camera market.
The new EX-S20U and EX-M20U both exhibit the compact configuration that has made the EXILIM the camera of choice for personal digital imaging. They are more compact than previous models, without any sacrifice to function, and their stainless steel cases, which resist discoloration, are finished to a high gloss using Casio’s “Ex Fine Blast Treatment”. The grip is made of strong, fine ceramic material that fits comfortably in the hand and adds an elegant touch to the overall design.
The EX-S20U will retail for $279.99 and the EX-M20U for $329.99. Both cameras
will be available in October 2003.
“Because of it’s compact size, there is no reason to leave your camera at home,” said John Clough, president of Casio, Inc. Clough added that in addition to size, consumers will be impressed with the speed of the camera as well as its macro mode for great close-ups and a long lasting battery life. “These latest features and functions make the new EXILIM Series tops in their class”.
- Mini card-size body that is more compact than ever before!
The EX-S20U and EX-M20U measure 3.27″ wide, 2.08″ high, and .44″ thick, making them about 10% smaller than the previous EXILIM EX-S2. Not only does this compact configuration make portability easier, it also creates a refined look that fits in to any situation.
- High-speed response takes the stress out of photography
A startup time of about 0.9 seconds (flash off), a release time lag of about 0.01 seconds, and an interval between shots of about one second all mean that those special moments won’t be missed while waiting for your camera to turn on. These new models also feature high-speed playback image scrolling that operates at a speed of about 0.1 seconds per image.
- Low power design brings marked improvement to battery life
The battery life of these cameras has been extended by 85% over previous models, thanks to a new low-power design.
- Macro mode in a card size camera
CASIO original technology was applied to design a new lens that makes it possible to enjoy macro mode imaging in a thin, card-size package. This new lens, which also features an automatic lens cover, allows close-up photos to be taken from as little as 30cm away, making the EX-S20U and EX-M20U the first fixed-focus EXILIM models to be equipped with macro capabilities.
In addition to the standard features of the EX-S20U, the EX-M20U comes with a built-in microphone and speaker for recording and playback of voice recordings and audio snapshots.
EXILIM EX-S20U and EX-M20U FEATURES
Although the thickness of these new models remains the same (.44″) as the EX-S2, Stack MCM (Multi-Chip Module) chip mounting has made it possible to reduce the surface area of these models by about 10% over previous models.
- High-speed startup has the camera ready to shoot about 0.9 seconds after power on (when built-in flash is turned off).
- A release time lag of only 0.01 seconds (monitor screen and flash off) means that an image starts to be recorded virtually as soon as you press the shutter release button.
- The camera is ready to shoot in only about one second after you record an image (when built-in flash is turned off).
- High-speed playback scrolls at a speed of about 0.1 seconds per image, making image searches quicker and easier.
- The Macro mode lets you move in up to 11.8″ for close-ups, perfect for shots of A4 size documents.
- A lens cover protects the lens from impact and dust by opening and closing whenever the camera is turned on and off.
- Extended battery performance gives approximately 85% longer continuous recording than the previous models (EX-S20U / EX-M20U allow approximately two hours of continuous recording).
- A 2-megapixel CCD combines with a new noise reduction process for outstanding image quality, especially when shooting at night.
- The Best Shot mode provides access to 15 pre-installed camera setups in an instant. Simply select the sample scene that is similar to the image you want to record, and the camera’s exposure compensation, white balance, and other settings are configured automatically.
- Photo Stand feature lets you view a slideshow of images with the camera on its cradle.
- Full-month calendar screen shows a thumbnail of the first image recorded on each date.
- World Time lets you select one of 162 cities in 32 time zones around the world as your home time. When traveling to another time zone, simply select the applicable city, and time and date settings are adjusted automatically.
- An alarm function sounds an alarm and displays a specified image at a preset time. With the EX-M20U, you can also include a voice message for playback at the alarm time.
- Triple Self-timer records three consecutive images, so you can select and keep the best one.
- Images are stored in a Web browser-viewable format that allows you to browse images in an album on your computer screen.
- 10MB of Flash memory comes built in, and a card slot supports use of an SD memory card or MMC (memory card not included).
- A Favorites folder stores your favorite or private images so they are not displayed during normal playback.
- Simply press the cradle’s USB button for automatic transfer of images to a computer.
- Complies with ExifPrint (Exif 2.2) and PRINT Image Matching II.
- Complies with Epson USB DIRECT-PRINT, so you can print directly on a USB DIRECT-PRINT printer* without using a computer.
*For further information about “USB Direct-Print” compatible printers, please contact: Regional Epson Sales Companies
- MP3 file playback, voice recording, audio snapshots (EX-M20U only).
- Selectable sounds for start up, shutter release and other functions (EX-M20U only).