Update on January 21, 2016: Adobe has made Voice available for iPhone users, available for download now.
Do you have a story you’re eager to tell? With Adobe’s new animated video app, Adobe Voice, iPad users will have the chance to become narrators of their own stories.
Adobe Voice allows you create and share short video stories using a library of resources provided by Adobe. You’ll be able to choose from thousands of graphics, images, and audio files to illustrate your story, but most importantly, this story revolves around your voice – use this app as a means to express your creativity and unique ideas.
In order to use Adobe Voice, you’ll need an iPad 2 (or later version) running at least iOS 7. According to Adobe, key features of Adobe Voice include:
- Story starters and example videos to give users ideas to draw inspiration from. Check out video feeds from the entire Adobe Voice community and use a “wheel” of story ideas to give your videos a solid structure.
- Beautiful graphics to add color and depth to your stories. Adobe’s collection includes over 25,000 professionally designed icons and several web and stock images. You’re also free to add your own personal photos into the mix.
- A cutting-edge graphics engine inspired by Adobe’s After Effects tool that can apply cinematic graphics to a story automatically in real time. Graphics include motion blur, 3D, shadows and hundreds of other professional effects.
- Animated themes designed for various types of stories. Tired of a static video? Use animated effects such a watercolor that appears to be painting the screen to make your story more dynamic and fun. With one tap, you can add different special effects to your work.
- A selection of music to complement your story. Use Adobe Voice recording to add your preferred audio stylings to this project.
- A credits and attribution page that is automatically added to each video to ensure that every icon or image used is accounted for, so don’t worry about usage rights.
Unlike Adobe’s Lighroom app that launched last month, Adobe Voice is available on the App Store for free and without a fee (in-app purchases, however, may include a fee). Learn more about the new Adobe Voice app on its main website, which also features the videos of how various storytellers use Adobe Voice.
- The best video-editing apps for iOS and Android
- The best drawing apps for the iPad Pro
- The best free drawing software
- These are the best Adobe Photoshop deals for January 2021
- The best Mac apps for 2021