At this phenomenal price, the PC-CAM 880 can deliver images of up to three megapixels (2048×1536) through interpolation enhancement, which can be easily previewed with the camera’s full color LCDdisplay. With removable memory and TV output, the Creative PC-CAM 880 makes it easy to transfer and share images with family and friends. In addition to these great digital camera features usuallyfound on much higher priced competitive products, the PC-CAM 880 also functions as a web camera when attached to the PC, for video instant messaging and video email.
“With the PC-CAM 880, webcam users who want to jump into digital photography or digital camera users who want to add video to instant messaging on the PC can do so with one camera at an incrediblylow price,” said Lisa O’Malley, senior brand manager at Creative. “You don’t even need to connect to the PC to share images and video with family and friends either; just view the built-in LCD orconnect to the TV output cable to display on a TV or record to a VCR.”
The PC-CAM 880 can be used right out of the box with its 16MB of built in memory, capturing up to 17 high-quality images at 2048×1536, 29 images at 1600×1200 and 112 images at 800×600 resolution orup to 76 seconds of video while detached from the PC. With its SD/MMC card memory expansion slot, the PC-CAM 880 enables users to take an unlimited number of images by adding additional memorycards.
True to its PC-CAM heritage, the PC-CAM 880 doubles as a desktop PC web camera. The included swivel base allows for hands free video conferencing over the Internet. Enhancing, editing and sharingphotos and videos is a snap with the included ArcSoftÂ® PhotoImpression, ArcSoft VideoImpression and ArcSoft Multimedia Email software.
Features and Benefits
- Superb Image Quality: Up to 3-Megapixel resolution with interpolation enhancement;
- 2.1 megapixel CMOS sensor with two million effective pixels that provides brighter, clearer stills and videos, realistic skin tones and vibrant colors;
- LCD screen: display screen allows users to preview captured images, perfect their images before capturing, and playback recorded video clips right away;
- Built-in Memory: 16MB of memory allows for storage of up to 17 high-resolution images at 2048×1536, 29 images at 1600×1200 or 112 images at 800×600 resolution;
- Video Recording: enable users to capture up to 76 seconds of video at 640×480 resolution;
- Video Output to TV (NTSC or PAL): view snapshots and video on any TV with a video output connection;
- Focus-free Lens: high-quality glass lens with a range of 60cm to infinity makes taking snapshots quick and easy;
- Macro Mode Selector: macro mode allows close-up image capture of objects in detail; and
- Comprehensive Software Bundled: extensive quality software bundled for videoconferencing, web publishing, photo editing and much more.
Pricing and Availability
The Creative PC-CAM 880 has an estimated street price of US$149.99, and is slated for shipment in June 2003. For more information visit http://www.creative.com/.