The compact, high-performance, interchangeable smc PENTAX-DA 16mm-45mm F4 ED AL lens features a 3X zoom ratio with focal lengths covering ultra-wide to moderate-telephoto ranges for the angle of view equivalent to 24.5mm-69mm in the 35mm format.
The DA-Series features a responsive â€œQuick-Shift Focus Systemâ€ that allows photographers to instantly switch the focus mode from auto to manual with a slight twist of the focus ring. Coupled with a simple, functional design and the elimination of an aperture ring, this new mechanism considerably improves the camera’s operability. The lens also incorporates an Extra-low Dispersion (ED) glass lens element and two aspherical lens elements for true-to-life image reproduction and overall size reduction. The image circle in DA-series lenses, including the smc PENTAX-DA 16mm-45mm F4 ED AL, is designed to perfectly match the 23.5mm x 15.7mm size of the CCD used in PENTAX digital SLRs to optimize camera performance. The new design also contributes to a drastic reduction in size, weight and production cost, compared to 35mm-format counterparts with similar specifications.
PENTAX U.S.A. will preview the lens at the PEPCOM Digital Focus media event on January 7 in Las Vegas during the 2004 Consumer Electronics Show.
- Ricoh’s latest Pentax Star-series 50mm is its most advanced lens yet
- Nikon developing a 500mm super telephoto with compact Fresnel design
- How to pick the perfect lens to breathe new life into your DSLR or mirrorless camera
- Pentax HD FA 50mm f/1.4 SDM AW lens review
- What is a DSLR camera and how is it different from mirrorless?